Saturday

Few days till Spring



This week I did my first B+ ride with the Princeton Freewheelers & I averaged around 28kph(approximately 18mph) on a marathon distance. I  have to be honest that I struggled and was left out of the peloton on the second half.
This is by far my fastest ride this year, but its still winter, so ye-hey! I can already pace this fast by this time of year. 

My last years' stats:  century ride, averaged 15mph. Half century regular ride was 17mph. quarter century regular ride was 19mph, and here is a photo of me at the Marina, all the snow has melted so it looks very spring.



Below is an excerpt from my Garmin edge 500 data which shows how much I struggled, notice my heart rate on zone 5 for 46 minutes and to note this was fairly a flat course. My cadence was not too bad, 87rpm and averaged around 180 watts.





Now comparing this to my climb a week ago:


Look how steep that is, but the good thing on this ride is my cadence, I  maintain it around 70rpm which is really awesome. By the way this is nothing to Lance Armstrong because its just a cat 4 climb, but I'm an amateur so this is really hard for me and for most people.

Temperature wise, it has been on the low 40's for the past week, a little windy which explains the wind jacket but its sunny so its great. Other than this, I am running but my pace is still not that good, my target this year is 7:15 on a marathon distance. Last year I ran 10k on 6:50 which was fairly OK, and hopefully I will make it to the New York City marathon this year.

Here is my rig, it needs a little tune up from 3,000 grueling miles last year and about 450mi this year.

No comments: